Secret Message String Cheese
What You Need
- Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese
- Permanent Marker
- Washi Tape
*Make sure you completely dry off the String Cheese wrappers before writing on them, or the marker will not write properly or stay in place.
- Using the permanent marker, write special messages on the word-free side of the String Cheese wrapper. Let the marker ink dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Measure and cut the washi tape so it is the length of the String Cheese and will cover all of your wording.
- Carefully place the tape over the words on the String Cheese wrapper, folding over a little bit of the end near the top back onto itself to create a pull tab.
- Write "Pull Here" on the top of the washi tape, along with an arrow pointing to the pull tab you made so your child knows how to easily remove the tape.
- Prepare a whole bunch of Secret Message String Cheese Wrapper Lunchbox Notes with all different messages and place them in your refrigerator. When it's time to pack lunches or have an after-school or on-the-go snack, take one out and see what message appears! I used all different patterns of washi tape with messages my son can read on his own.
When your child is ready to eat one of the String Cheese sticks, he or she will just pull back the tab and a secret message will appear.