Skip to Content
- 6 Frigo® Cheese Head® String Cheese sticks
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Italian panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tsp waffle mix
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high heat.
- Cut each Frigo® Cheese Head® String Cheese stick in half lengthwise and crosswise, yielding 4 pieces per stick, 24 pieces total.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the breadcrumbs plus 1 teaspoon of waffle batter.
- Spray both sides of the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and add breadcrumb/waffle batter mix in a round shape. Repeat 3 more times so you have 4 circles.
- Place 3 string cheese pieces on top of each circle of breadcrumbs/waffle mix. Then, sprinkle the cheese with another 1/2 tablespoon of breadcrumbs over all four circles.
- Close the lid and cook until the breadcrumbs/waffle mix just turn golden, about 1 minute. Watch closely; if the cheese gets too soft, it will be hard to remove.
- Repeat with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs/waffle mix. Serve hot with the marinara for dipping.