Skip to Content
- 6 Frigo® Cheese Head® String Cheese sticks
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Italian panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high heat.
- Cut each Frigo® Cheese Head® String Cheese stick in half lengthwise and crosswise, yielding 4 pieces per stick, 24 pieces total.
- Spray both sides of the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of the breadcrumbs in a square shape. Repeat 3 more times so you have 4 squares.
- Place 3 string cheese pieces, lined up in a square shape on top of each square of breadcrumbs. Then, sprinkle the cheese with another 1/2 tablespoon of breadcrumbs over all four squares.
- Close the lid and cook until the breadcrumbs just turn golden, about 1 minute. Watch closely; if the cheese gets too soft, it will be hard to remove.
- Repeat with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs. Serve hot with the marinara for dipping.